JGI Investments Ltd currently has two private equity investments, both in Turkey
Ozsut (STP Gida Sanayi ve Ticaret A.S.)
Özsüt is a well-known patisserie chain primarily serving dessert / bakery products and was founded in 1938 in Izmir, Turkey . Özsüt is the second largest patisserie chain in Turkey, offering
foodstuff mainly cakes and dairy desserts as its main products. The key highlights of the business are:
- Operations started as a desserts shop in Izmir by Sefer Usta, in 1938.
- Özsüt based in Izmir with 11,000sqm of closed area production facility.
- Strong brand name with high recognition by end- consumers.
- Established a strong corporate governance platform with professional management, integrated SAP system and reporting tools, advanced supply chain & logistics management.
- Long –term contracts and clearly – defined and executed working relationship with the franchisees.
- Dedicated R&D department with a focus on developing new products.
- Özsüt has more than 180 stores in 46 cities predominantly located in city centers.
- B2B sales. Packaged dairy dessert sales primarily to the leading retail chains under private label brands.
The Investment into Antoil was made in 2013, and the business operates in the Turkish fuel distribution market. Antoil supplies its fuel mainly from 4 terminals in Antalya, which are Cekisan
Antalya, Antalya STAS, Antalya Akdeniz and Turkuaz. All stations are operated under DODO model. The key highlights of the business are:
- Antoil was established in 2010 in Antalya.
- The Company’s strategic regions for operations are Antalya, Burdur, Isparta and Konya.
- The Company possesses 0.2% share in the fuel distribution market in Turkey.
- Antoil operated 18, 38 and 40 stations during 2010, 2011 and 2012, respectively.
- In FY13, Antoil sold 36.0 thousand m3 of diesel and 2.1 thousand m3 of gasoline.